Coronavirus (COVID-19) has led a number of school districts across the United States and the world to close.
Due to these unforeseen circumstances, many parents are now considering or have been compelled to homeschool their children.
For many of these parents, this is an especially stressful time full of uncertainty.
It’s important that we in the homeschooling community do not panic and show kindness and compassion towards each other during these difficult times.
If you’re new to homeschooling or if you’re looking for additional resources I’ve listed a few below.
- 7 Online Writing Classes for Homeschoolers
- 10 Educational Shows for Tweens and Teens
- 5 Online Science Classes for Homeschoolers
- Homeschooling With Hulu? 10 Documentaries You Can Watch Now
- Kathy Ceceri has a great article about emergency homeschooling and has also provided some resources.
- HSLDA Quick-Start Guide to Homeschooling
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Homeschooling: 5 Things to Consider
If you received value from this episode, consider supporting the podcast by buying me a coffee. Although the podcast isn’t actively being produced, there are still costs associated with hosting the files and maintaining the website.
Music for the podcast is “RetroFuture Clean” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. In some cases, I may have been given a free sample of a product to review. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsement.