There’s a newly discovered vulnerability in iOS that could expose your family’s personal data to hackers.
Apple iOS bug lets fake apps sneak onto iPhones, iPads – CNET
The vulnerability affects roughly 95 percent of all Apple mobile devices currently in use, according to a new report.
Want to hack an iPhone? There’s an app for that. Hackers have a new way to break into Apple mobile devices using Web pages, text messages and emails to fool users into downloading fake apps that can leak their information, according to a new report from cybersecurity company FireEye.
As always, there are a few basic tips to remember when it comes to smartphone and tablet security:
- Don’t download apps from un-trusted sources.
- Require a PIN or password to install apps.
- For your kid’s devices, disable installing new apps.
- Install all software updates as soon as possible.
- When in doubt, avoid unfamiliar websites and apps.
Be on the lookout for an update to iOS soon.