Winter is coming and for most of the northern hemisphere that means freezing temperatures. Many of your gadgets have an LCD (liquid crystal display) screen. The liquid in that screen will expand if it freezes so here are some tips for keeping Old Man Winter from damaging your device.
1. NEVER leave your device in your car, especially overnight.
2. Allow devices to warm to room temperature before operating.
3. DO NOT try warming up a frozen device in the oven or with a hair dryer.
4. Gloves will scratch a touchscreen.
5. Leather or fabric cases can damage your device.
6. Know the safe minimum operating temperature of your device.
If you keep all of this in mind you won’t have to worry about buying a new devices or paying for an expensive repair.
If you’ve received value from this podcast, please consider nominating it for a Podcast Award. Please nominate the podcast in the Education category. Nominations are closed at 11:59 PM on October 15th, 2012 so get your nomination in today!
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes.
- Like on Facebook
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow @wiredhs
- Follow @jwilkers
This podcast is now sponsored, in part, by Audible.com. For a free 30-day trial visit thewiredhomeschool.com/audible, you’ll receive a free audiobook and help support the podcast.
Music by Kevin Macleod.
The Wired Homeschool is a proud member of the Tech Podcast Network. For more family-friendly tech podcasts visit techpodcasts.com