2013 was a very up and down year for me. I spoke at a homeschool convention (twice) which was a high point but I failed to finish the book I started writing. I was also a little discouraged on the podcasting front but got a late surge of encouragement from all of you.
[smart_track_player url=”http://media.blubrry.com/wiredhs/content.blubrry.com/wiredhs/wiredhs-20140103.mp3″ color=”orange”]
Top 5 Blog Posts of 2013
10 Educational Shows for Tweens and Teens on Netflix
Stack the States and Stack the Countries Makes Geography Fun
Parental Controls Added to Safari in iOS 7
Mobile Internet Filtering and Accountability: Safe Eyes Mobile – WHS 45
Endless Alphabet [Free App Friday]
The Podcast Plan
- Bi-weekly shows – This gives me more time to plan and focus on giving you great content instead of “phoning it in”.
- Podcast segments – Top List, Tech Tips, and commentary portions of the podcast will help me organize m thoughts.
- Interviews – Every other month I plan to interview one person with a focus on the use of technology in homeschooling.
- Book blogging – I’ll be posting drafts of each chapter of the book I’m writing. More great content for you!
- Newsletter – Yes, I have one of those and I hardly use it! I’m going to send updates to the newsletter at least once per quarter.
- Google Hangouts – This is something I wanted to do last year but never got off my duff. Quarterly Google hangouts are coming soon!
You might be asking yourself why I’m telling you all of this. The answer is simple: I want to be held accountable! By putting all of this here I can come back to this every week/month and remind myself that I need to hustle!
Have you set some homeschooling, personal, or business goals for 2014? I’d love for you to share them in the comments below so we can encourage each other throughout the year.
January 13, 2014 Faithful Heritage LEAH meeting at Eastport Bible Church in Eastport, NY at 7:30PM (via Skype). Contact Jennifer Rooney at 631-504-2291 if you have any questions.
I can speak to your homeschooling group too! Schedule a virtual workshop today.
Want to be notified of any upcoming news regarding the podcast or if I’m speaking in your area? Join my spam-free mailing list. You’ll receive monthly updates and news about future projects and I’ll let you know if I’m speaking in your area at a homeschooling convention.
The Wired Homeschool is a proud member of the Tech Podcast Network. For more family-friendly tech podcasts visit techpodcasts.com
Music for the podcast by Kevin Macleod.