Are you ready to start homeschooling this Fall? Here’s a quick tech check list for getting ready to hit those virtual books.
Homeschool Tech Checklist for the Home Instructor
1. Online lesson plans and transcripts using sites like Scholaric or My Homeschool Transcripts
2. Educational apps for your iPad or Android device.
3. Annual PC maintenance.
4. eBooks – either text books or titles you want your kids to read
5. Bookmark your favorite social media resources (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Homeschool Tech Checklist for the Homeschool Student
1. Inexpensive laptop, iPad, or other tablet.
2. Set clear online boundaries, especially for students new to social media.
3. Software for more advanced students (Photoshop, Office, etc.)
4. Livescribe Smartpen for taking notes
5. Productivity apps for iPod or online productivity apps.
What tech do you recommend for getting back to homeschool? Leave a comment below!
Leave a Voicemail
You can call 518-290-0228 to leave me a message or use this convenient widget to record a message right from your computer.
Want to be notified of any upcoming news regarding the podcast or if I’m speaking in your area? Join my spam-free mailing list. You’ll receive monthly updates and news about future projects and I’ll let you know if I’m speaking in your area at a homeschooling convention.
The Wired Homeschool is a proud member of the Tech Podcast Network. For more family-friendly tech podcasts visit techpodcasts.com
Music for the podcast by Kevin Macleod.